Asia Association of Education and Exchange

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Mero Sathi Project 2016 in Nepal Daily Report 10th day (22th Feb)

Mero Sathi Project 2016 in Nepal
Daily Report 10th day (22th Feb)
<On the way to Kathmandu>
...
AAEE, Asia Association of Education & Exchange(一般社団法人アジア教育交流研究機構)さんの写真
   Even though we had a tough time on the bus for 10 hours today, it was a good opportunity for both Nepalese and Japanese students to exchange their own views on specific topics. Nepalese students gave me a lot of knowledge of their country, their life style, education, politics, and so on. Everything they taught me was new and changed my view on the country.
   Through those conversations with Nepalese students, I was also very surprised at how much they knew aboutAAEE, Asia Association of Education & Exchange(一般社団法人アジア教育交流研究機構)さんの写真 and were interested in Japan. One student, who is majoring law in her university, was very familiar with the Japanese political and legal system. We compared relationship between Japan and the US with that of Nepal and India. Another student was interested in the current situation of Hiroshima on which the atomic bomb was dropped 70 years ago. They also asked me what makes it possible for Japan to quickly recover from the damage of the war and rapidly become a country with strong economy. Answering their questions and expressing my opinion in English were difficult process for me, but it was good practice because I had few chances to talk about those kinds of academic things in English before.
I’m glad that I met those students who are not only nice or friendly but also willing to talk about those serious topics. They were excellent English speakers as well, showing a role model for me. I’ll continue learning and improving my English so that I’ll be able to exchange opinions on more complicated things with people in other countries.
By Daichi Yamaoka


No comments:

Post a Comment