Asia Association of Education and Exchange

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Mero Sathi Project 2016 in Nepal Daily Report 7th day (19th Feb) "What I felt through hiking and Owl festival" (1)

Mero Sathi Project 2016 in Nepal
Daily Report 7th day (19th Feb)
What I felt through hiking and Owl festival


AAEE, Asia Association of Education & Exchange(一般社団法人アジア教育交流研究機構)さんの写真
For first of the day, we went to climb mountain. It took more than two hours to climb and back to hotel. While climbing, I was thinking about the importance of nature for me. Though I had had no interests in nature when I had been a high school student, I have interest in it these days. One of the reasons I thought was to keep balance of my mind. After having entered to the University, I became much busier. In my normal university days, sometimes I felt that I wanted to go to some place filled with nature suddenly. So that I had gone to the beach many times and tried to climb Mt.Fuji last year. To go to the place filled with nature makes me refreshed and to refresh my mind is so important to live. Luckily, I know how to refresh my mind and to keep balance of my mind. What I want to say is the importance of knowing myself. If we don’t know about ourselves, we couldn’t know how to keep the balance of our mind. Even we couldn’t find the situation of our mind if it lost the balance. Because of not knowing themselves, there are many people who has problem with their mind in Japan. One of my purposes to participate in this program is to know myself more. To know ourselves is important to choose good choice for us and to live our own life.
In the afternoon, there was Owl Festival in Sikles. Even though the opening time was said 11:00 on the advertisement, it started on 14:00. Not caring about time is one of the characters of Nepalese, I thought. Japanese care about time too much, and that is a good point of Japanese but also a bad point. In the festival, there were competitions of throwing stones and tops, and traditional women’s game. Even those were just games, player and the audiences were so serious and had fun. I supposed that this was another good point of Nepalese’s character. And in the festival, there was a program that we Mero Sathi group showed dance of each Japanese and Nepalese. Japanese members were so glad that not only Nepalese members but also the audiences liked our dance. I was so nervous but it was one of my best experiences.


By Yuha Yoshikawa
AAEE and Owl Festival

The day started with a short hiking program. At the top, the Mountain ranges were seen more clearly and magnificent. This hike was able to get us acquired by the natural beauty that Nepal holds. The hike was tiring but the breath- taking view of the Mountain ranges surely fascinated the members and was worth hiking more than an hour.
AAEE, Asia Association of Education & Exchange(一般社団法人アジア教育交流研究機構)さんの写真It was a big day for the members, after all, all the cultural activities that the student members practiced was to be shown to the community personals, adding more pressure it was also the opening day of OWL FESTIVAL, which awaited our cultural Dance which was performed on that festival where there were more than 500 local people, news Media, reporters and chief Guest.
Through this festival, message like conservation, protection and promotion of owl was spread in and across the globe at the grass root level. Many people who were there at the festival got the message about owl conservation directly whereas the message reached over more people through different media. Conservation awareness on owls is low in our country so by celebrating such festivals awareness can be implemented among the group of people.
AAEE, Asia Association of Education & Exchange(一般社団法人アジア教育交流研究機構)さんの写真Owl festival is celebrated only in 3 countries i.e.US, Nepal and Italy. In Nepal, it was celebrated for the 5th time and in Sikles it was the first time. Mero Sathi Project Student Members performed and that dance performance was the center of attraction of that day. Students shared their culture through their dance and they could learn about the culture of Gurung community in various ways for example, the dress that they wore, the cultural dance that they performed and the sports that they played were a few things which almost all the members experienced first time.
Its due to the Mero Sathi Project and the hard work, precision of the coordinators who managed all the project, we, members got a chance to know about the games like Ghurghumai, Thelo, “Jhijhile Khel” which were at the point of extinction. From this festival people can learn about role and importance of owl in biodiversity and why it is human responsibili
AAEE, Asia Association of Education & Exchange(一般社団法人アジア教育交流研究機構)さんの写真
ty to conserve owl. To maintain balance ecosystem it’s necessary to save the species of owl. The student members were more than happy to be a part of this program.
The overall day was fun and a very good way of acquiring knowledge and our student members thoroughly enjoyed their very first experience of Owl festival.
By Srijana Poudel

No comments:

Post a Comment