Asia Association of Education and Exchange

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"How to study English well?" by Nam Trần Hoàng (AAEE, Vietnam)

How to study English well?

Nam Trần Hoàng (AAEE, Vietnam)

   In Vietnam, English is considered as important language for everyone to learn. Therefore, English has become a mandatory subject in schools and universities. Although most of the Vietnamese students start studying English very early, still many students feel struggled with that language. They can’t speak or listen to the foreigners. Some of them even can’t make an easy statement. And that is also my problem.
   I remember that 5 years ago, when I was in grade 8, I had a trip with foreigners. I wanted to introduce about my country to them, but when I faced them, I didn’t know how to talk, how to pronounce in the right way. They couldn’t understand me. It really shocked me. I didn’t know why I was so bad despite of completing the test with high marks in class. After 1 year, I figured out the reason why. The reason was that I have been studying English in traditional way and passive way: textbook, reading, grammars with no speaking or listening. This created a big question in my mind: “How to study English well?”
   Luckily, one day, I met Professor Aj Hoge’s video clip which talked about the way to learn English. That was a very strange way yet very effective and creative way to learn. It really turned me out. Just after studying EffortLess English book of Professor Aj Hoge, I improved a lot. It’s really amazing! Nowadays, many Vietnamese students choose that book to study. And many of them have improved their English skill day by day. I hope this article will help you a little to become better in English. Thanks for reading.
http://effortlessenglishclub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment